Grateful for making thoughtful decisions together that are financially sound and on our timetable, not of the rental market.
Grateful to have 2 days left at my job.
Grateful for a free glass of wine bc our food took so long.
* time to deal w apartment stuff
* 2+ hours to work on habitat
* midday financial planning w Zad and his appreciation for my spreadsheets - that’s like more of a complement than telling me I look good.
* printing at work, highly underrated
* my boyfriend: he makes me a better person, he loves my quirks, he values family, he’s motivated/ambitious, he’s healthy, he’s hilarious, he’s kind, he has a good heart, he’s good at facing and talking through issues in real time, we have the most healthy conversations I’ve ever had about money, we’re very different socially, but complement each other well. We have a lot of fun together and are good partners for each other. We balance each other. I help him have more fun and lighten up. He helps me with discipline and realizing how worthy and awesome I am. I feel like I owe much of my growth and success in the last year to his influence on me. He’s really been an amazing addition to my life, and for that I’m grateful.
Today I’m so grateful:
To so many things I can respond, “not my problem”
Inner strength when colleagues shake their head in disapproval
A good run when i really didn’t want to run
Starting my day with an email from a landlord for what I think is my dream apartment (have not yet seen it in person)
Time on pinterest
Kim, Bitsy and Ashley - it breaks my heart to leave them. Between the three of them, I keep hearing about other side conversations about how much they’ll miss me. I try not to think about how sad I am to leave them. They’ve been my backbone the last 3 years.
The experiment has been a success, Katie.
You can now tell everyone you’re a SUPERCOOLHAPPYLOVETHING to whom no limits apply.
Yeah, Katie, maybe wait until Friday so you don’t trip their whole week.Double-positive, The Universe
* leftover pizza
* time alone to decompress
* holding an 8 week old baby
* dinner outside w Camilla, Dan and Juj. We’re our own little family, the 4 of us
* the relief of not loving an apartment
* officially starting the apartment search
* having talks about weddings and selling 1 car of our cars and home buying and credit scores and “our” money
* roses in full bloom, tulips too
* opting out of a drunk and stoned Easter/420 in the park
* jelly beans
* my new green v-neck tee